Replacing your point of sale (POS) software can be daunting, yet most Farm and Agriculture retailers recognize that innovation is important for delivering on evolving customer expectations. Selecting the right software is an investment of time and money that can pay off with increased customer loyalty, more productive employees, and simpler business management.
Epicor has been a part of successful retail businesses for years. All that industry experience has also given us insight into what not to do, like:
- Not involving the head of the organization in the decision-making process
—In a world driven by technology, perhaps no other decision can have a greater impact on your company’s success or failure.
- Skipping the planning phase because it “takes too much time”
—The time you invest in planning your vendor selection process will easily pay off before the process is complete.
- Considering a technology partner that doesn’t truly understand your industry
—In a hyper-competitive retail world, you need a solution provider that understands the nuances of your business and offers a solution capable of meeting your unique needs.
- Assuming you will do things exactly the same way you do things today
—Too many retailers fail to recognize the true value of the software they evaluate because they get stuck on one particular response—“because that’s the way we’ve always done it.”
- Selecting a vendor that lacks a long-term product vision
—Understand what the next 10 years will bring for your industry and what impact it will have.
Read the white paper to learn more about how these mistakes can cause your organization to stumble—and how you can avoid them.